Wednesday 18 July 2012

Which Rebbe Sect?

Now ive decided to find out the beliefs of other religions in reasonable detail before jumping in the deep end of religion i need to know which rabbi to learn from.

Hereddi?Chasidic?Reform?orthodox?

Whats What? I know the islamic differences but not judaic. Im definatelly not going to learn jack shit from anyone who thinks Israel cant do no wrong and will avoid such people. Will be interesting to meat jews again after so many years to see if my opinions of them are still the same as my memorys of living in Israel. I hope they prove me wrong and i find some moderates voices who are not rampant haters of all muslims.

My mum has often accused me of being racist towards jews despite repeated explanations to her that i disliked only 90% of the Israelis i met and keep an open mind on the others and judge them all as individules. (yes that may sound racist for some but i cant help but admit i found most israelis to be obnoxious. Im not exclusively disliking most Israelis however....I would say most Italians i cant stand either etc etc.  Its just the culture they live in that makes many people into assholes. Sorry but if im honest i just find israeli culture rude and abbrasive and nationalistically fanatical. That said i admit im equally rude and abbrasive at times. There is the saying even jews say: "If you have two jews in a room you will always have two differing opinions".

Maybe Israelis and Jews are two different types culturally however and i will keep an open mind when i visit a synagogue to get a crash course on judaism. I wont judge someone for supporting Israel. After all if i were born into the jewish community chances are i too would see no fault in the national solidarity comfort it provides. Ill just hope they can see things from the palestinian point of view if prompted with articulate words. I need to keep reminding myself we are all just labled when i try to get to know a rabbi and seek a rabbi who understands this principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment